Be involved in projects with our Electrical Engineering practice and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At kW Mission Critical Engineering (kW MCE), a WSP company which specializes in the design of Mission Critical Data Centers throughout the US as well as world wide, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
kW MCE, is currently initiating a search for an Electrical Engineer in the Troy, NY office.
- Assists planning, engineering, execution of electrical engineering projects under close & direct supervision
- under close & direct supervision
- Demonstrates basic understanding of the range of services provided by the WSP engineering teams & related practices. These may include utility, industrial and commercial scale projects. These projects can be transmission & distribution substations, power distribution and power regulation as well as protection & control systems in a wide variety contexts (Utilities, transportation, buildings, federal & state and local government projects
- Under direct supervision, learns about and contributes a full range of electrical design activities :
- Supports senior engineers in research & recommendation of fundamental components identified in designs
- Support engineers and senior engineers in developing IFP and IFC designs and assist reviewing 3rd party design documents, procurement lists and project plans
- Demonstrate understanding of IEEE, NESC Standards & NERC regulations for design work
- assist in the design of single line, three line, wiring diagrams and general arrangement
- Under Direct and close supervision
- Support engineers and senior engineers, assist in data collection, preparation of budgetary estimates, drafting proposals, collecting submitting data needed for scheduling and project controls reporting
- work closely with engineers and senior engineers, research equipment specifications for procement package development and pricing.
- Develop electrical calculations for loads, equipment sizing, feeder sizing, voltage drop, grounding, lighting circuits & controls, facility & electrical service and power distribution for more senior project engineers
- Begin to do various types of engineering activies inclueding equipment sizing and cabling, AC/DC panel design & conduit and trenching design.
Collaborate & Support
- Gain valuable project experience working in functional and cross funtional team , coordination and reporting, as well as, demonstrate understanding of field equipment applications and operations.
- Collaborate on and contribute to presentation material and ideas with other staff in preparation for internal & client meetings or interactions.
- Work closely with other disciplines, including project controls, business deployment, construction, procurement, document control and environmental and permitting teams
- Demonstrates commitment to keeping up-to-date in knowledge of current practices.
- Works on multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required by business needs.
Required Qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience in electrical engineering capacity
- Exposure to Operations and project controls experience for purposes of reporting
- Demonstrate ability to think critically
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively present and communicate ideas orally and in written form
Preferred Qualifications or “Great to Haves” include:
- Post Graduate Education in a related field
- Currently engaged in EIT process
- Growing industry knowledge through participating in local professional practice organization and keeping up-to-date on current trends and practices with in and related to Petroleum engineering
- Experience using Microsoft Project, Microsoft office suite including PowerPoint
- Some experience Engineering tools such as
- Autodesk Revit
- Autodesk Navisworks BIM360
- SKM, ETAP
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status