WSP is currently initiating a search for an Electrical Engineer (Buildings) for our York, PA office. WSP works closely with architects and owners from around the world on high quality, high-profile, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment. This is an excellent opportunity for a proficient engineer to influence production of engineering design for a national client base in an internationally recognized global firm in a field designated for expansion. This role will actively participate in the full project cycle from the design phase through the final construction close-out on a wide array of projects including healthcare and higher education building projects.
Be involved in projects with our Buildings Engineering Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Work with engineering teams and provide technical assistance on innovative engineering, design, and construction, specifically in sustainable, high performing complex buildings including healthcare, laboratories, mission critical, and higher education facility projects.
- Work within multi-disciplinary project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners.
- Plan and execute electrical engineering tasks and contribute to a full range of electrical design activities.
- Design of power distribution systems, lighting, fire alarm, emergency power systems, low voltage/telecom infrastructure, and UPS design.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and attend client and stakeholder meetings.
- Provide guidance to junior staff or interns to assist with project flow .
- Support senior engineers with research and recommendations of fundamental components identified in design requirements.
- Maintain quality control standards and procedures for accurate and precise analysis and reporting.
- Work as an individual or as part of a team to execute project work and assist calculating costs and quantities of material/equipment/labor.
- Ensure that project work conforms with specifications, permit applications, compliance documentation, and regulatory and technical requirements.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Architectural Engineering or related discipline.
- 3 - 5 years of post-education experience in an electrical engineering capacity for the built environment.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices and building, electrical, and energy codes.
- Basic proficiency with technical writing, office automation, software, technology, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to travel to project sites.
- Ability to learn new techniques and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Analytical mindset with an ability to exercise sound judgement in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills and ability to express ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Capable self-leadership with attention to detail, accuracy, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- EIT certification; Professional Engineer License a plus
- Prior design experience
- Knowledge of AGI or other lighting calculation programs