Civil Engineer - 47984
Civil Engineer - 47984
Be involved in projects with our Civil Engineering Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Senior Civil Engineer for our Honolulu office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs independent design tasks and drawings using computer-aided design (CADD) related to the development of construction plans for transportation and stormwater projects
• Performs specialized assignments which call for an application of professional expertise
• Performs computations and analysis and research assignments
• Prepares cost estimates and special provisions
• May plan, schedule, coordinate and oversee the work of lower-level engineers
• Assists in field work
• And other duties as assigned
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
• Professional Engineer Registration for Hawaii preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in highway/roadway/stormwater design
• Strong technical writing, analytical, and communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality work products
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
• Must be comfortable working outdoors
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
• Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
• Proficiency in AutoCAD,MicroStation, and ArcGIS
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP firmly commits itself to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with applicable laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), age, marital or registered domestic partnership status, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), political affiliation, familial status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, participation in protected activity under applicable laws, or other legally protected classes or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.