WSP USA Buildings, Inc., an award‑winning and innovative multi‑disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is looking for a Building Technology Systems Engineer specializing in Audiovisual systems design for our Boston office. WSP works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
About the Job:
Our Engineers work on high-quality, high-profile, local, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the complete project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities: Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm. Our Engineers are subject matter experts who can effectively communicate and coordinate technical topics with owners, architects, other engineers, contractors and vendors.
- Provide designs for Audiovisual systems (conference centers, video walls, stadium audio and video, VTC, telepresence, broadcast, collaboration AV, educational AV, etc.).
- Develop schematic, to detailed design for integrated building audiovisual systems
- Control systems functional programs
- Active network coordination and requirements development (VLAN, TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls, WiFi, etc).
- Coordinate with owner to gather and document system and design requirements.
- Create design narratives and coordinated, biddable construction documents (Drawings and CSI Specifications).
- Budget fee responsibility on assigned projects.
- Manage project resources such as production assistance.
- Coordinate, host and participate in project meetings (local and out-of-town) with the design team and owners.
- Produce field observation reports, systems commissioning, and acceptance testing reports
- Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, design teams and vendors
- Develop strategic approach and coordination to the development, integration, and implementation of building technology systems with other intelligent building systems. (aka, SMART buildings)
- Participate in construction meetings, review and respond to Technology system submittals and RFIs.
- Understanding of local and national codes (NEC, IBC, NFPA) related to the design and operation of AV systems.
- Possess a four-year degree (B.S. in engineering is preferred) or equivalent combination of technical degree and related work experience designing technology systems for buildings.
- 5-7 years’ experience designing complex Audiovisual systems for the Architectural and MEP consulting industry.
- Extensive experience in designing: Public address, presentation systems, collaboration systems, digital signage/ IPTV, and/or broadcast system.
- Basic experience in designing telecommunication structured cabling and infrastructure systems. Rooms/routes/riser, copper/fiber optic converged infrastructure design.
- Basic experience developing and coordinating active network architectures and requirements.
- Experience in various types and sizes of projects including: commercial office, healthcare, hospitality, science and technology, transit facilities, sports facilities, higher education.
- Design of integrated intelligent building systems for SMART Buildings is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients. Through reports, presentation, and consultation.
- AutoCAD and Revit experience desired.
- Bluebeam / Adobe PDF experience desired.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office software. (PowerPoint, Visio, Teams, Skype)
- Experience in working directly with clients, owners, architects, vendors and manufacturers
- Industry Certification is a plus although not required (AVIXA: CTS, CTS-I, CTS-D, BICSI: RCDD, Cisco CCNA, ASIS: PSP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
- EASE software experience is a plus although not required.
- Industry certification AVIXA (InfoComm) CTS / CTS-D / CTS-I is preferred.
- Industry certifications ASIS CPP, BICSI RCDD, Cisco CCNA, etc.) is a plus although not required
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.