WSP is currently initiating a search for a Water Alternative Delivery Consultant for our Washington, DC office. The following locations will also be considered: New York, NY; San Diego, CA; Tampa, FL, Austin, TX; Houston, TX; Orlando, FL; Baltimore, MD; Lawrenceville, NJ; Newark, NJ; and Chicago, IL.
Be involved in projects with our US Advisory Services Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. This position will be a member of WSP's new Water and Energy Alternative Delivery Advisory Services practice, which builds upon WSP's storied history supporting public and private clients in these industries on numerous alternative delivery engagements in the past.
- Guiding public agencies and private sector clients through the delivery of capital projects ranging across the spectrum of transportation, rail, buildings, and other types of capital assets.
- The Water Alternative Delivery Consultant will advise public utilities and private investors on methods of project delivery and the financing of capital projects, with an emphasis on alternative delivery methods, including Public-Private-Partnerships (P3), design-build, and construction manager/general contractor (CM/GC)
- Strategizing with agencies and project owners to evaluate project delivery methods and determine the optimal method to fit the utility's needs
- Demonstrating an understanding of the unique challenges facing public water/wastewater/stormwater utility owners and/or renewable energy owners/investors, the candidate will integrate technical knowledge and commercial acumen to provide sound advice and reinforce WSP's position as a trusted advisor
- Interfacing with project owners to determine the goals and constraints for the implementation of their projects
- Reviewing marketing capacity and contributing to market sounding
- Assisting with the development of procurement strategies and drafting of procurement documents for alternative delivery projects, including, for example, Requests for Information, Requests for Qualifications, and Requests for Proposals
- Advising public agencies and private clients through the procurement process to engage an entity to design, construct, operate, and maintain a capital asset
- Collaborating in a teaming environment with other members of project teams for the successful procurement of alternative delivery projects, including interacting with, and providing appropriate technical advice to engineers, investment bankers, financial analysts, legal counsel, and internal-client procurement teams
- Advise project managers with respect to ongoing project implementation issues, including change management and the interpretation of alternative delivery contracts
- Assisting in the delivery of large infrastructure projects, including by providing assistance on claims and disputes
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Data Sciences, Business, Economics, Finance, Urban or Transportation Planning, Environmental Studies, Liberal Arts, Public Policy, Operations Research, or closely related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant post education experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Active engagement in relevant industry organizations.
- Authorization to immediately work in the United States.
- Developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, statistical analysis and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solution.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Graduate degree in relevant field (M.S., J.D., M.B.A., Ph. D)
- Relevant license (P.E., P.Eng., etc.)
- Experience on major infrastructure projects in water or energy
- 5+ years of direct experience with alternative project delivery procurement and contracting and/or technical contribution to water/energy alternative delivery proejcts
- Knowledge and application of P3 and design-build project delivery methods
Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary: $80,900 - $96,500
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.