WSP is currently initiating a search for an Architect/Interior Designer to work in the Washington, DC area. Be involved in projects with our Federal Programs Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Prior to design contract requests, gather and define customer's design requirements and prepare solutions ranging from conceptual design to final design within established parameters
- Create design and construction documents, prepare project specifications, develop record control documents, and generate presentation graphics
- Collect, prepare, and report programmatic information and official weekly project status reports
- Coordinate design activities with architecture, engineering, safety, security, construction, and other related functional areas.
- Ensure compliance with Building Codes and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
- Assist with design reviews of Government projects
- Develop high-level cost for construction utilizing historical and research data
- Prepare reports and cost and schedule estimates
- Manage project design and/or construction efforts, to include schedule, funding, and day-to-day project oversight
- Evaluate, validate, and manage project change requests
- Prepare and distribute project communication with customers, management, integrated project teams, and stakeholders
- Prepare and monitor project schedules and budgets; provide technical guidance and assistance on contracting and construction-related issues; direct design efforts; recommend construction documents for approval; and provide oversight of any follow-on maintenance programs
- Optimize performance, cost, and schedule by ensuring project objectives are achieved on schedule and at the lowest cost compatible with user requirements
- Ensure integration of all systems, including information technology, telephone, security, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in architecture or interior design
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Due to client requirements, ability to obtain a Secret level US Security clearance is required
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Active Secret level US Security Clearance