WSP's US Advisory practice is dedicated to transforming the business of infrastructure owners across the transportation, buildings, energy, environment, and power sectors. We provide our clients with the full range of strategic planning, organizational development, economic and financial analysis and project development services supported by WSP's engineering expertise in all infrastructure markets.
Our Asset Management and Business Advisory service line provides asset lifecycle planning and enterprise transformation services on every level within an organization. We work as trusted advisors to executive leaders through to the maintenance technician - driving organization, process and activity change to realize tangible benefits - including improvements to service delivery, cost savings, risk and safety improvements.
Our vision is to be the leading provider of advisory services to the social infrastructure sectors in the USA - providing the capabilities to manage risk, be more resilient, be more efficient and enabling the equitable delivery of utility, transportation and government services to society.
Our services are focused around supporting clients to achieve their organizational goals and customer service objectives - efficiently, effectively and equitably. We work to enable clients to be Immediate Ready - improving organization resilience and developing investment plans to support recovery from the challenges of 2020 and maintain asset performance. We work to enable clients to be Future Ready - through improved alignment of tomorrows organization goals and customer service objectives - including consideration of environmental, economy and social equity - with asset investment needs, and through addressing risk and organization resilience, through transformation services. We also work to enable clients to be Digital Ready - identifying the data needs for management action and decision-making, designing appropriate technology solutions and importantly, delivering the organization change management associated with digitalization and supporting WSP create the digital thread from design to operations and maintenance.
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Asset Management Principal Consultant in Washington, DC to manage and deliver highways asset management projects. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Asset Management and Business Advisory (AMBA) team - a group of trusted advisors in delivering business and asset solutions while helping to shape the future growth of the nation’s built environment. The following locations will also be considered: New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO and other locations.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Support the AMBA Highways Sector Lead in delivering added value to our DOT and local/municipal highway agencies
- Drive business development activities for the highways sector nationally, including fostering and maintaining client relationships, identifying project opportunities, and identifying market growth opportunities
- Support internal marketing of highway asset management services within WSP
- Foster internal and external networks to ensure WSP's offering is current and attuned to local market needs
- Lead and deliver complex, multidisciplinary asset management projects across sectors
- Support existing asset management assignments in the region and nationally
- Apply evolving requirements and innovative practices to large, highly visible projects across the US
- Demonstrate strong commitment to keeping up to-date in technical knowledge of current practice and becoming proficient in applying emerging practices
- Provide high quality technical performance and oversight through innovative thinking
- Manage the scope, schedule, and budget on large and complex projects
- Manage client relationships and make direct suggestions on business processes and practices and opportunities for improvement
- Identify business development activities to procure new work
- Produce high quality business support and professional deliverables on projects and proposals
- Actively lead and develop direct client relationships
- Lead delivery of complex consulting projects across sectors - with a focus on the infrastructure verticals
- Direct complex qualitative and quantitative analysis, perform quality assurance, quality control and present project outcomes to client groups
- Provide technical excellence and thought leadership in specific areas
- Provide suggestions to improve technical excellence in business sectors
- Share knowledge informally and formally analyze needs and opportunities at a complex/high level; identify alternatives and priorities
- Other duties as required by business needs
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Data Sciences, Business, Economics, Finance, Urban or Transportation Planning, Environmental Studies, Liberal Arts, Public Policy, Operations Research, or closely related discipline
- 12+ years of relevant post education experience in highways asset management and in a management consulting, business development, or client advisory capacity
- Experience with leading business development activities, including developing client relationships, identifying project opportunities, developing proposals, etc.
- Experience working collaboratively across cross-functional teams
- Experience managing and delivering complex projects
- A solid understanding of asset management and awareness of the associated international and national standards
- An understanding of technologies used to support asset management (EAM, GIS, BIM, Decision Support tools)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional IQ
- An ability to share knowledge informally and formally
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to prioritize responsibilities and quickly adapt to change in a pressure work environment
- Some travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- Prior experience working in asset management and demonstrated evidence of a strong passion for infrastructure advisory work
- Familiarity with national and international practices and standards related to asset management Project Management, Process Improvement, Data Analysis, Change Management and/or Asset Management accreditations
- Active member of local professional organizations (ideally with an asset management focus)
- Participation on conference program with panels, poster sessions, papers and presentations (ideally with an asset management focus)
- Established relationships with clients across all sectors (e.g., transportation, utilities, municipalities, etc.)
Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary: $160,800 - $190,000
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.