Be involved in projects with our Transportation Team and be part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solve their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspriring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communitites and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a full time Civil Engineer for our St Louis, Missouri, Lincoln, Nebraska, Kansas City, Missourit, Wichita, Kansas and Minneapolis, Minnesota offices.
- Under general supervision, assist with collecting, compiling, and analyzing data from the physical work site, surveys, blueprints, GIS data, subsurface utility information, maps, geotechnical data, and other matrices for project development, design, and construction.
- Assist with performing basic professional civil engineering work relating to conducting research and inspections of proposed and existing site conditions, resources, building, infrastructure, and transportation channels to determine conformance with applicable rules, standards, and construction or operating permits.
- Perform routine engineering functions and provide entry-level technical assistance on various design requirements, operating strategies to account for the safety and functionality of end-users, systems, and infrastructure.
- Assist with verifying the characteristics of a site and providing basic technical assistance on various engineering, design, and construction issues.
- Generate complete, accurate, and concise documentation using electronic systems, drawings, and field/work site notebook/logs.
- Comply with safety guidelines and site-specific procedures which include but are not limited to, location data, statistical documentation, engineering studies and surveys, and construction.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- 0 to 1 years of relevant post education experience.
- Excellent research skills with analytical mindset.
- Familiarity with process and concepts for design/build.
- Familiarity with relevant civil construction laws, codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Competent interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Proficient self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Basic proficiency with technical writing, office automation, software, spreadsheets, technology, and tools.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Engineer in Training Certification.
- Familiarity with discipline-specific design software (i.e., MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, InRoads, OpenRoads, Geopak).
- Prior internship related to the degree of study and the specific engineering discipline.
- A member of and/or actively participate in local professional practice organizations.