Are you looking for an opportunity to be involved in exciting aviation programs all across the U.S.? Are you looking for a hybrid work environment working with a team?
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Aviation Project Engineer to sit in the following offices: Kansas City, MO, Indianpolis, IN, Charlotte, NC, NYC, Baltimore, MD, or Dallas, TX office.
Our Aviation Team provides engineering and planning services for airports infrastructure including runways, taxiways, terminals and supports WSP's projects around the world. The Aviation Team works on multiple projects simultaneously, in close coordination with other technical departments.
Responsibilities include participating in multi-disciplinary teams on aviation designs, plan production, and assisting project managers with managing project tasks, and budgets, and other duties as required.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited program
- Registered Professional Engineer
- At least 5 years of experience in aviation infrastructure.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with FAA advisory circulars and procedures
- Proficient knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to permitting and project work-related issues.
- Ability to make technical computations and calculations involving the application of engineering principles, understanding plans, and specifications, and making factual comparisons to the appropriate regulations.
- Project management experience with small to mid-level projects including tracking hours and expenses for project work.
- Ability to plan and conduct inspections and investigations on various aspects of the construction and design of facilities or structures, applying applicable regulations and policies.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Highly capable self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently and provide guidance and leadership to the junior team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC.
- Proficiency with technical writing, office automation, discipline-specific design software (i.e., MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, AviPlan, InRoads, Geopak, GeoSlope, ANSYS, STADD, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS), technology, math principles, predictive models, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, statistical analysis, and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solution.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety, and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Travel will be required depending on project-specific requirements
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contracts on project-related matters
- Valid driver's license, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources, and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- At least 9 years of experience in aviation infrastructure.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- A member and active participate in local, regional, and national professional organizations.
- OSHA 10-Hour Certification