WSP is currently initiating a search for a Communications and Public Involvement Coordinator in our San Antonio, TX Office. Be involved in projects with our WSP's Communications & Public Involvement practice and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Implement effective public outreach strategies for high profile projects,
- Create, edit, and produce public involvement documents and social media content,
- Take initiative and ownership of public involvement tasks and guide the project team to develop effective strategies to solicit feedback and input from the public,
- Facilitate and organize virtual and in-person open houses, workshops, public hearings, neighborhood meetings, ground breakings, ribbon cuttings, workshops, and other public events,
- Prepare talking points, multi-media presentations, newsletters, public exhibits, display boards, meeting summaries and documentation,
- Work closely with client to ensure communications alignment with agency,
- Attend virtual and in-person external project, agency, and community meetings to provide public involvement updates and identify public involvement issues,
- Interact with the public utilizing a wide range of traditional and innovative communication methods including website management,
- Assist with the development of public involvement plans,
- Produce and maintain stakeholder databases and lead stakeholder issues identification,
- Interact in a clear and concise manner with a variety of diverse audiences, and,
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by WSP USA Inc. and our clients
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in communications/marketing/public involvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field
- Experience working with public agencies
- Ability to work well with the public and interact effectively with all organizational levels, including agency staff, senior management, executive leadership, board members, community leaders, and city/county/state representatives
- Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and interdependently
- Ability to work beyond standard business hours
- Strong time management skills and high attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with public information, policy, government relations, public affairs and communications for infrastructure projects.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Proficiency in Adobe In-Design and Photoshop
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies