WSP is currently initiating a search for a Communications and Public Involvement Coordinator in our San Antonio Office. Be involved in projects with our WSP's Communications & Public Involvement practice and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
Think creatively to produce innovative ideas and design products to inform and engage communities in print and online!
Be involved in projects with our Communications & Public Involvement Team and become a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
- Create original design concepts to inform and engage communities for a wide variety of public projects.
- Design branding, messaging, copy, logo design, infographics and a multitude of materials including factsheets, post cards, document design, website design, online open houses and presentation design.
- Create original artwork and illustrations, and provide a variety of design solutions for engaging communities consisting of technical and non-technical audiences in print and online.
- Ability to learn to read technical documents and coordinate with engineers to develop simplified diagrams for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Website design, creation of microsites and ability to edit web content using CMS systems such as WordPress.
- Design interactive experiences across multiple digital platforms.
- Collaborate with project managers and teams, client agency staff, and technical experts; including accepting critiques and addressing feedback
- Articulate design process for leadership and clients.
- Assist in new business pitches by developing creative briefs, design concepts and visual assets
- Work within existing design systems adapt to client needs.
- Support project communications through copywriting and social media content development
- Facilitate internal and external client, stakeholder and community meetings.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder databases, mailing lists and communication strategies.
- Maintain and grow relationships within WSP to continue to generate project work.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team. Be prepared to share your portfolio and demonstrate your expertise.
Who You Are
- Creative graphic and digital communicator. Portfolio required.
- 3+ years industry experience and a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital design, web design, visual communications or related discipline.
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Creative Cloud), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and Google Docs and other collaboration sites.
- Knowledge of print production and preparing a variety of documents for professional printing serivces.
- Detail oriented, focused on efficiency and quality, and adept at collaboration in a fast-paced team environment- must be able to work on various projects in a parallel fashion.
- Be articulate, attentive listener, comfortable with client relations, and able to think outside the boundaries of traditional design
- Proven understanding of graphic design philosophy, fundamentals and best practices
- Strong command of color theory, image composition, and typography
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from concept to launch
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and • adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Prior experience with public information, policy, government relations, public affairs and communications for infrastructure projects.
- Proficiency in Section 508 ADA compliance standards, file production standards for assisted technologies, document remediation, and compliance/reader software
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA Inc., WSP USA Buildings Inc., and WSP USA Services Inc. (collectively “WSP USA”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status