The WSP US Advisory practice is dedicated to transforming the business of infrastructure across the transportation, buildings, energy, water, environment, and power sectors. We provide our clients with the full range of strategic planning, organizational development, economic and financial analysis and project development services supported by WSP's engineering expertise in all infrastructure markets.
Our Asset Management and Business Advisory service line provides asset lifecycle planning and enterprise transformation services on every level within an organization. We work as trusted advisors to executive leaders through to the maintenance technician - driving organization, process and activity change to realize tangible benefits - including improvements to service delivery, cost savings, risk and safety improvements.
Our vision is to be the leading provider of advisory services to the social infrastructure sectors in the USA - providing the capabilities to manage risk, be more resilient, be more efficient and enabling the equitable delivery of utility, transportation and government services to society.
Our services are focused around supporting clients achieve their organization goals and customer service objectives - efficiently, effectively and equitably. We work to enable clients to be Immediate Ready - improving organization resilience and developing investment plans to support recovery from the challenges of 2020 and maintain asset performance. We work to enable clients to be Future Ready - through improved alignment of tomorrows organization goals and customer service objectives - including consideration of environmental, economy and social equity - with asset investment needs, and through addressing risk and organization resilience, through transformation services. We also work to enable clients to be Digital Ready - identifying the data needs for management action and decision-making, designing appropriate technology solutions and importantly, delivering the organization change management associated with digitalization and supporting WSP create the digital thread from design to operations and maintenance.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Advisory Asset Management and Business Advisory (AMBA) group. This individual will join a group of trusted advisors in delivering business and asset solutions while helping to shape the future growth of the nation's built environment. WSP is currently initiating a search for an Consultant, Asset Management.
The asset management team works nationally with team members being located across the country. The preferred home location for this posting is in Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, or New York, NY.
- Collect, compile, and analyze data from the physical work site, surveys, blueprints, spreadsheets, financial documents, federal legislation, grant requirements, and other matrices for project development, design, consultation, and construction.
- Independently perform data collection, cleansing/transitioning and analytical processes, and produce high quality reports.
- Perform QA/QC of data translations and analytics, and undertake tasks to support clients with data governance processes and procedures
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to support the delivery of complex consulting projects across sectors - with a particular focus on the infrastructure verticals
- Complete tasks, as part of a team, to deliver quality products including data compilations, analyses, and reports, on time and within budget, under the direction of a Project Manager and more senior consultants
- Participate in project meetings and meetings with clients (both internally and externally)
- Competently understand and begin to critically apply the range of services provided by different Advisory Services business lines.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- In recognition of the full strategic suite of services offered by Advisory Services, the following degree requirements apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Data Sciences, Business, Economics, Finance, Urban or Transportation Planning, Environmental Studies, Liberal Arts, Public Policy, Operations Research, or closely related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant post education experience in discipline and in a management consulting or client advisory capacity.
- A good understanding of infrastructure and a working knowledge of how to structure data systems for effective use.
- A good understanding of and ability to apply technologies used to support data and information management- including GIS, Excel, SQL, Oracle, ML algorithms.
- An understanding the use and structure of Enterprise Asset Management Systems - including Maximo, Infor, and other systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional IQ
- A strong team player who can get things done.
- An ability to share knowledge informally and formally
- Must have authorization to immediately work in the United States
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Prior experience within the engineering consulting industry is preferred.
- Management Consulting, Advisory or Data Science experience.
- Prior experience working in asset management
- Proven experience in consulting or a comparable role in an organization where the individual has held a role responsible for managing data, information or the deployment of technologies to manage assets.
- Familiarity with national and international practices and standards related to asset management