WSP is currently initiating a search for an Electrical Engineer for our New York City office. Be involved in projects with our Transportation and Infrastructure Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities.
- Work within multi-discipline project teams to develop drawings and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners
- Coordinate design activities with other multi-discipline project team members
- Design of electric distribution systems
- Design of fire alarm systems
- Design of lighting and lighting control systems
- Scheduling and selecting of electrical components and equipment
- Perform electrical load, short circuit and voltage drop calculations
- Construction administration
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant post education experience in designing electrical systems.
- Exposure to operations and project controls experience for purposes of reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Familiarity with building and energy codes.
- Interest in innovative design, specifically in renewable energies and sustainable, high performing buildings.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- EIT License or LEED AP certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of AGI32 and SKM is a plus.