We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood’s Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change. As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
WSP is seeking an Entry to Mid-Level Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Wichita, KS.
- Will perform engineering calculations including hydrologic and hydraulic modelling tasks for a variety of water resources projects including dams, levee systems, watershed & floodplain studies, streambank stabilization, stormwater systems, and water/wastewater systems
- Assist in the design of water, wastewater, and stormwater systems
- Assist in the collection, monitoring, analysis, and design of environmental systems
- Will conduct field investigations on various projects including but not limited to: dam safety inspections, hydrology and hydraulic evaluations, and levee inspections for our municipal, state and federal government clients
- Produce written and oral reports
- Will work under the guidance and mentorship of senior engineers
- Will supervise technicians as needed
Who You Are
- BS degree in Civil, Agricultural, or Environmental Engineering
- EIT Certification
- 1-3 years’ + experience
- Great technical writing and communication skills
- Must pass background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (MVR) policy
- Additional Certification & Skills Considered:
- GIT Certification
- Construction management experience
- Experience in sampling techniques such as water/air quantity & quality
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, C++, Java, and etc a plus. Particularly in the development of scientific data analyses
- Familiar with the engineering markets and experience within the Midwest States such as Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Missouri
- Preferred Engineering Software experience (any):
- USACE HEC Programs (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, etc.), Riverware, etc.
- EPA-SWMM, Innovyze Products, etc.
- Infowater, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS, WaterCAD, etc.
- MODFLOW & etc.
- 2-Dimentional Flow Modelling (RiverFlow2D, FLO-2D, Flow2D, etc.)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) (Flow3D, Fluent, etc.)
- Open Channel
- Water Distribution Modelling
- Groundwater Modelling
- Specialty Software/Skills
- Geographical Information Systems experience such as ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, Manifold, etc.
- Advanced GIS experience such as Model Builder, Python, and advanced analysis tools (Spatial & 3D Analyst)