WSP’s Visualization & Data Intelligence (VDI) national practice has an immediate opportunity for a talented Full-Stack .NET Developer seeking to work on mission-driven professional services / consulting projects for our Buffalo, NY or Denver, CO offices; telecommuting/hybrid options at other locations also possible. VDI is a dynamic creative and results-oriented in-house design and technology team supporting Future Ready projects that are shaping our communities. Our devotion to teamwork and innovation affords the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects and technologies.
In this role, you will work on multiple concurrent projects of varying levels of complexity focused on user interactivity for projects of both short- and long-term duration, in close collaboration with colleagues and clients. The workload is fluid and follows informal scrum and waterfall development, driven by our client schedules and unique requirements. Our successful candidate must be highly motivated to work in a fast-paced and exciting consulting environment.
- Architect, design, develop, test and deliver modern data-driven .NET web applications which are performant, adhere to creative team’s designs, and meet responsive design and accessibility compliance
- Conduct requirements gathering/needs analysis, develop technical specifications, and provide consultation on web solutions
- Be proactive in adopting best practices while working in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate with a largely remote workforce spread across the United States to share project updates, provide training, discuss new feature ideas, and troubleshoot problems or issues
- Maintain, support, and enhance legacy applications
- Pursuit of professional development to stay current with web development and delivery technologies
- Adhere to the Visualization & Data Intelligence Group's culture of service, innovation and excellence
Who You Are
- 5+ years of professional custom web-based data driven application development, using C# and .NET technology including working experience in using Microsoft platforms, frameworks, and tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline
- Deep knowledge and proficiency developing on Microsoft platforms, frameworks, and tools (Visual Studio, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, and C#) and Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Experience with Git, Microsoft Azure (including DevOps), Amazon AWS
- Perform code reviews and mentor junior staff
- Execute deployments to Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure Cloud environments
- Strong knowledge of API development
- Willingness to support and troubleshoot legacy projects
- Experience with self-managing tasks and working within a scope, schedule, and budget
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Working experience with Umbraco or similar .NET Content Management System
- Working experience with deployments in Amazon AWS Cloud environment with load balancer servers set up
- Familiarity with front-end development frameworks such as React (preferred), Vue, Angular, etc.
- Understanding of basic UI/UX web design principles
- Experience with public sector agencies
Link to online portfolio must be submitted with resume.
Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary: $67,200 - $133,000
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.