WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full-Time Geotechnical & Tunneling Engineer for our Washington, DC or Herndon, VA office. Be involved in projects with our Geotechnical & Tunneling Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
Duties for this position include:
- Planning, estimating, and conducting subsurface investigation and laboratory testing programs in soil and rock
- Interacting with regulatory agencies, subcontractors, drillers, and clients in a confident and professional manner
- Performing geotechnical analyses and design of tunnels, shallow and deep foundations, embankments/cuts, pavements, and earth retaining systems for transit, transportation, buildings, and water projects
- Preparing geotechnical memoranda, data and design reports
- Preparing design drawings and specifications
- Providing geotechnical support during construction
- 0 to 3 years of Geotechnical experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering focus
- Engineer-In-Training Certification
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP"s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Effective self-leadership with attention to detail, results orientation, and managing multiple priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, follow instruction, work independently, and comply with company policies.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Virginia PE registration
- Ability and willingness to travel for field work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (ability to communicate effectively with clients, regulators, other disciplines, managers, and other staff)
- Experience with Geotechnical software (i.e., MicroStation, AutoCAD, Ensoft, Geoslope, Rocscience, Bently gINT, GRLWEAP, MSEW, DeepEX)
- Experience performing inspection for geotechnical subsurface investigations.