WSP is currently initiating a search for a Grants Strategy and Development Senior Lead Consultant. This position could work out of WSP's offices in Washington DC, Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Boston or any other WSP office nationwide.
WSP’s Grants Development & Management group supports our clients in planning, preparing, winning, and managing competitive grant funding from federal, state, and local sources. We offer clients the technical and strategic experience to select the most competitive projects for funding and develop compelling grant applications.
This position would focus on serve Government, Transportation and Energy clients nationwide helping meet their equity objectives through advising on technical and strategic considerations in developing and selecting selecting projects with the best equity outcomes for competitive funding. As a member of our national Grants Development & Management group, the Senior Consultant will develop compelling grant applications to fund client projects across an array of disciplines.
- Develop grants and design funding strategy for public infrastructure projects, on behalf of clients, and in collaboration with the Grants Strategy and Development team and other WSP practice groups
- Lead client engagement; foster client relationships; keep current with trends, opportunities
- Serve as Project Manager for grant assistance contracts; manage scope, schedule, and budget
- Lead business development activities in pursuit of grant support consultant contracts
- Demonstrate general knowledge of federal policy and grant guidelines
- Support the professional growth of our junior consultants within Grants Development and Management group
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Grant strategy and writing experience for governments and non-profits programs
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven people management experience, leading diverse teams
- Ability to work well with multiple deadlines and flexibility to adapt to unanticipated client requests for grant development support
- Nimble at adapting to change
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- A demonstrated passion for helping clients successfully pursue and manage grants
- Familiarity with US Department of Transportation or other federal competitive grant programs
- Grant strategy and writing experience for federal programs
- Familiarity with state discretionary grant programs
- Past project management experience, including projects, schedule, staffing, and budget
- Post Graduate Education (Graduate Level Courses Short Courses, Masters, PhD in Planning or other related disciplines)
- Active member of local professional organizations
- Participation on conference program with panels, poster sessions, papers and presentations
Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary: $150,900 - $165,5000
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.