Are you looking for an opportunity to be involved in exciting aviation programs all across the U.S.? Are you looking for a hybrid work environment working with a team?
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Jr. Aviation Engineer to sit in any of our offices(Dallas, KCMO, St. Louis, Chicago, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Charlotte or NYC.)
Our Aviation Team provides engineering and planning services for airports infrastructure including; runways, taxiways, terminals and supports WSP's projects around the world. The Aviation Team works on multiple projects simultaneously, in close coordination with other technical departments. At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
- With minimal supervision, assist with collecting, compiling, and analyzing data from the physical work site, surveys, blueprints, GIS data, subsurface utility information, maps, geotechnical data, and other matrices for project development, design, and construction.
- Perform basic professional aviation engineering work relating to conducting investigations and inspections of proposed and existing site conditions, resources, building, and transportation channels to determine conformance with applicable rules, standards, and construction or operating permits.
- Assist with the development of technologies, monitoring devices, modeling techniques, design requirements, and operating strategies to account for the safety and functionality of end-users, transportation vehicles/systems, and incorporate future-ready solutions with aviation engineering design standards.
- Assist with verifying the characteristics of a site and providing technical assistance on various engineering, design, and construction issues.
- Write technical reports summarizing research with findings and conclusions, generating complete, accurate, and concise documentation using electronic systems, spreadsheets, and software.
- Assist technical staff and project managers with risk identification and assessment, offering input and analysis with design concepts, construction, mitigation and improvement activities, and remediation projects.
- Work with cross-functional teams in executing project work.
- Assist with work plan preparation and coordination of field/site work and permitting.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and planners on projects with airport authorities on Federally, State, regional, and locally funded airport improvement and development projects.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant post education experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with FAA advisory circulars and procedures
- Proficient knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to permitting and project work-related issues.
- Ability to make technical computations and calculations involving the application of engineering principles, understanding plans, and specifications, and making factual comparisons to the appropriate regulations.
- Project management experience with small to mid-level projects including tracking hours and expenses for project work.
- Proficiency with discipline-specific design software (i.e., MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, AviPlan, InRoads, Geopak, GeoSlope, ANSYS, STADD, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS), technology, math principles, predictive models, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, statistical analysis, and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solution.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety, and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements
- Valid driver's license, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources, and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Engineer in Training Certification.
- Prior Aviation design experience.
- Prior demonstrated knowledge and experience of FAA advisory circulars and procedures.
- Prior experience with FAA’s design software and procedures (FAARFIELD, COMFAA, OE/AAA).
- A member of and/or actively participate in local professional practice organizations.
Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary: $59,000 - $106,400
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.