WSP is currently initiating a search for a Landscape Architect for our Baltimore, Maryland office. Be involved in projects with our Landscape Architecture Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Completes designs for applicable projects, prepares landscape architectural design plans, construction details, construction estimates, and contract specifications.
- Prepares project specifications including compiling and analyzing relevant data.
- Conducts field work, site investigations, and construction inspections gathering information and compiling reports for management.
- Performs landscape architectural construction related services.
- Prepares technical reports and assists in the development of proposals.
- Prepares CAD landscape plans utilizing MicroStation and AutoCAD.
- Work with cross-functional teams in executing project work.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Work collaboratively with other landscape architects, engineers, professionals, and building authorities on Federal, State, regional, local, and privately funded building and development projects.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or closely related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant post-education experience working on landscape architecture planning, design and construction services assignments associated with transportation and infrastructure projects.
- Ability to take L.A.R.E. licensure examination within 6 months of hire.
- Experience with landscape architectural site design tasks including scope and fee proposals; site, planting and hardscape design; specifications; cost estimates; and QAQC review.
- Knowledge of or experience with environmental applications of landscape architecture including tree/forest inventory; forest stand delineations; forest characterization; tree protection, maintenance and mitigation; preparation of Forest Conservation Plans, reforestation plans, and Roadside Tree Law applications; and storm water management planting design.
- Excellent technical writing skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, MicroStation and Google SketchUp.
- Competent creative, visualization, and technical drawing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Capable self-leadership with attention to detail, accuracy, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Master’s Degree.
- A member of and/or actively participate in local professional practice organizations.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.