Be involved in projects with our Transportation Facilities Group and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead Consultant, Architect for our New York City office. With the intimacy of a small group of staff, along with the support of a large firm, this is an excellent and unique opportunity for the right candidate to challenge themselves and to grow their career.
The Transportation Facilities Group (TFG) leads and designs projects that support local and regional growth initiatives through small and large transportation projects. Our goal is to team with our agency clients and to develop solutions to the complex challenge of advancing transportation throughout the region. TFG has over 60 engineers and architects throughout the Northeast Region, with major design hubs located in New York City, Boston, St Louis and San Francisco.
The candidate will lead projects for wide array of clients in the transportation field. Responsibilities include business development, project scoping, budgeting and scheduling, client meetings, staff management, and contract document development. Typical projects include bus and stations, airports, maintenance facilities, parking structures, administration buildings, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Team Management;
- Business development including teaming arrangements, and proposals;
- Client interaction including presentations, liaison;
- Contract Development for traditional and alternate deliverable projects;
- High level review of architectural designs and code compliance;
- Ensuring on time delivery of projects
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Typical projects types include:
- Transportation segments include rail, bus, airports and marine ports; Facility building types include administration buildings, tolling structures, parking structures, bus and rail stations including associated maintenance facilities, ancillary buildings, vent buildings, etc.;
- Pre-K through higher education school buildings;
- Low rise office buildings as well as office fit outs;
- Resiliency related studies and design;
- Parks and recreation centers.
Growth Opportunities include:
- Work closely with office leadership to pursue opportunities and win new work;
- Become the go-to person for facility related work in the area;
- Lead high profile type projects with business impact
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor of Architecture is required; Masters in Architecture a plus.
- 7 to 10 years of relevant post education experience in the learned discipline.
- Registered Architect in New York
- Strong knowledge of local clients and/or agency work (Amtrak, MTA, NYCDDC, DSNY, NYCT, LIRR, MNR, PANYNJ, NYDOT)
- Strong knowledge of construction drawing standards and building codes, as well as ADA compliance;
- Transit architecture related experience required;
- Solid understanding of architectural tools (AutoCAD, REVIT, SketchUp, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Excellent communication and writing skills, attention to detail and highly organized.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and able to multi-task.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.