Be involved in projects with our Power and Energy Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead Mechanical Engineer for our Dallas, TX office. Other office acceptable office locations include: Kansas City, MO; Houston, TX; Minneapolis, MN; Chicago, IL; St. Louis, MO; Cincinnati, OH.
Come join us in shaping the future of energy! Be a part of WSP’s rapidly-expanding Power Generation team – solving our client’s complex challenges and helping them achieve their goals. Our WSP USA Energy Sector needs a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Power Generation group out of our New York office.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for performing central power/heating & refrigeration plant (co-generation, combined heat and power, boiler, chiller, emergency generation, trigeneration) as well as heating, ventilation and cooling (HVAC) engineering and design for industrial, commercial and institutional projects. This is an excellent position for a proficient engineer to influence production of engineering design for a national client base in an internationally recognized global firm in a field designated for expansion:
- Prepare design criteria documents, calculations, drawings and specifications for central plant systems including energy load modeling, equipment sizing and selection, equipment, piping and ductwork systems design, heating and cooling load calculations, design and layout of mechanical rooms for central plants, chilled and hot water systems, constant volume and variable air volume systems.
- Develop costs estimates for systems.
- Provide support during construction activities.
- Attend meetings with clients, agency and project team.
- Manage team members, overall and project financial performance, project scheduling, and project execution.
- Work with internal and external team members to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Maintain positive relationships with existing clients and cultivate relationships with new clients, providing consistent, reliable communication to promote additional services and future business.
- Conduct site visits and perform testing, calculations, engineering design, and other engineering services necessary to produce the required documentation for project completion.
- Review, support, and execute the development of proposals for new clients and/or projects.
- Participate in client and/or educational presentations as required.
- Some travel is anticipated.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- 7+ years of relevant post education experience in engineering discipline and prior mechanical design experience.
- Engineer license required.
- Proficient with mechanical engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to project work-related issues.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD or Microstation is desired and proficiency in Microsoft Office is products required. Experience with Revit is desirable.
- Must be proficient in the interpretation and application of various mechanical standards and applicable building codes.
- Experience to include: Facilities surveys, reports, feasibility studies, design, specifications, cost estimating, construction activity support, owner's engineer; and supervision of less experienced engineers and designers and technicians. Areas of experience should include one or more of the following categories of facilities: industrial (manufacturing, processing, waste water treatment plants), commercial and institutional (healthcare, housing authorities, transit facilities).
- Proven track record of successful project execution.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the willingness to accept accountability, solicit involvement from team members, and provide steady and fair leadership.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Highly proficient with technical writing, office automation, load calculations, discipline-specific design software (i.e., AutoCAD, CAM), technology, math principles, predictive models, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, load calculations, computations, statistical analysis and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solution.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at coordinating and assertively directing subcontractors and others to consistently complete tasks safely and efficiently.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- PE, LEED, or CCP certifications are a plus
- Master's Degree in Engineering.
- LEED certification desired.
- 40-Hour OSHA Health & Safety Training (HAZWOPER) (29 CFR 1910.120) preferred.
- Basic First Aid and Adult CPR training desired.