Join our Strategic Growth Team and lead art direction of proposals, presentations, displays, project deliverables, marketing collateral, and other visual communications. In addition to design, this position includes staff management of a small team of seasoned designers. We’re looking for someone with a collaborative, can-do attitude who has a special knack for visual storytelling The right candidate will be an empathetic colleague who works to build community through positivity.
The Lead Graphic Designer for our Baltimore, MD office would work with marketing leadership and subject matter experts to execute successful proposal, pursuit and marketing activities for projects in the Southeast Region (from Baltimore to Miami), as well as nationally, and globally.
- Managing projects and project teams; assembling project team to create original design concepts that inform and engage technical and non-technical audiences across a variety of digital and print platforms; design interactive experiences across multiple digital platforms.
- Providing art direction
- Completing project scoping / schedule and delivery
- Estimating hours for individual tasks
- Providing self-directed, Independent design of graphic design projects
- Interfacing with clients
- Establishing QA/QC procedures for graphics deliverables
- Creating highly-polished, aesthetically-pleasing, original artwork, illustrations, and visual solutions, using custom graphic design, infographics, video clips and motion graphics, audio, text, and statistical data, delivered in print and online formats.
- Maintaining knowledge of and proficiency with the latest technologies and trends in the graphic design environment. May require researching and employing new software technology and design/development techniques.
- Proficiency in operation of presentation software technology and equipment.
- Collaborating with project managers and teams, client agency staff, and technical experts; including accepting critiques and addressing feedback.
Who You Are
- 7+ years with BA/BFA in graphic design, digital design, web design, visual communications, or related discipline or 10+years of experience with an Associates in Graphic Design plus Bachelor’s in other field.
- Possess creative and innovative design skills and artistic talent and be adept at applying user usability concepts to design.
- Proven understanding of graphic design fundamentals; strong command of color theory, image composition, and typography; demonstrated design creativity and ability to translate creative ideas to visual solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from concept to launch; detail oriented, focused on efficiency and quality; and adept at collaboration in a fast-paced team environment.
- Focus on usability and user interaction
- People management skills for coaching, providing constructive feedback, fostering feedback across the marketing team, and mentoring employees so they can succeed in their positions.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to build trust and influence others and work with all levels of management staff
- Comfortable with daily multi-tasking, and possessing the ability to self-manage tasks on multiple short and long-term projects.
- Be an articulate, attentive listener, comfortable with client relations, and willing to be flexible and adaptable to changing requirements.
- Attention to detail and quality
- Skilled design communicator
- Adept at Teams or virtual/remote communication
- Strong organizational skills and ability to lead and influence diverse teams
- Problem solving abilities, including conflict resolution under time sensitive production expectations
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Technical graphics certification a plus
- Working on Accessibility Certification a plus
- PM Certification a plus
- Working on Technical Leadership Certification a plus