WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead Hydraulics Engineer for our Nashville or Knoxville, TN office. The Lead Hydraulics Engineer will perform civil design tasks for stormwater conveyance systems, major hydraulic structures, stormwater control measures, green stormwater infrastructure, and environmental projects in Tennessee and other states in the southeast. At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! This position requires strong technical skills and an interest in technical advancement as well as management and business development advancement. This position is an opportunity to work on complex water resources projects driven by transportation infrastructure improvement. Candidates with certification in specialty areas or continuing education in advanced design or modeling methodologies should provide that information.
- Lead project teams in the preparation of technical reports and designs for transportation related stormwater and water resources projects.
- Participate in business development activities including marketing, client engagement, developing scopes of work, and budgeting.
- Ensure that production of plans, specifications, reports, and analyses meet scope, schedule, cost, and quality requirements.
- Capable of serving as a water resources Subject Matter Expert for multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Serve as discipline lead for TDOT design build projects during proposal development, design, and construction.
- Supervise a water resources design team and mentor / train junior staff.
- Participate in municipal client business development activities including:
-Developing strategic capture plans marketing materials and presentations
-Setting up meetings and making presentations to prospective clients
-Leading and/or preparing technical proposals and cost estimates
-Serving as a seller-doer to assist in increasing our market share with current and new clients
- Coordinating work activities by various technical staff and consultants including developing and implementing study and design standards for consultants to follow, leading progress meetings, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, tracking project schedules, and budgets.
- Coordinating work activities and communicating with various municipalities and governmental regulating agencies.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, with a focus in Water Resources or closely related discipline.
- 7 to 10 years of relevant post education experience in water resources engineering.
- TN Professional Engineer License or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Knowledge of Microstation.
- Proficient knowledge of water resource engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to environmental permitting and project work-related issues.
- Well-defined knowledge with Stormwater Management, Drainage, Erosion and Sediment Control, Hydrology & Hydraulics Design etc.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Demonstrated high-level of self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Familiarity with OpenRoads software a plus.
- Affiliations with professional societies and active industry and community involvement are highly desirable. #LI-PJ1