WSP USA Buildings, Inc., an award winning and innovative multi disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is looking for a Lead Telecommunication Engineer for our Dallas, TX office. WSP works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
Our staff work on high-quality, high-profile, local, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the complete project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities. Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm. Our Engineers are subject matter experts who can effectively communicate and coordinate technical topics with owners, architects, other engineers, contractors and vendors.
- Provide designs for Electronic Safety & Security systems (IP video surveillance, access control, intercom) and Telecommunications systems (Structured cabling systems, Telecom spaces and pathway infrastructure).
- Coordinate with owner to gather and document system and design requirements.
- Create design narratives and coordinated, construction documents (Drawings and CSI Specifications).
- Budget fee responsibility on assigned projects.
- Manage project resources such as production assistance.
- Coordinate, host and participate in project meetings (local and out-of-town) with the design team and owners.
- Participate in construction meetings, review and respond to Technology system submittals and RFIs
- Perform site surveys to document construction progress.
- Coordination and integration of security and telecommunications systems with other intelligent building systems.
- Understanding of local and national codes (NEC, IBC, NFPA) related to the design and operation of Security and Telecommunications systems.
Who You Are
- Possess a four-year degree (B.S. in engineering is preferred) or equivalent combination of technical degree and related work experience designing technology systems for buildings.
- 7-10 years’ of healthcare consulting and designing and/or working as an integrator for high-end Security and Telecommunications systems for the AEC consulting and engineering industry.
- Design/construction/integrator experience for Security and Telecommunications systems for buildings’ projects of various types and sizes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Comfortable working directly with clients including architects and building owners.
- Design experience related to Audiovisual, Data Network/Wi-Fi/Telephony
- Revit experience desired.
- Industry certification (ASIS CPP or PSP, BICSI RCDD)