WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead Transit and Rail Engineer for our Baltimore office. WSP"s Transit and Rail group is responsible for assisting rail and transit clients to meet challenges with the focus on developing viable solutions for planning, designing, constructing, operating, financing and sustaining a modern mobility infrastructure that leverage the evolving world of technology. WSP"s engineers provide value by understanding our clients" needs and partnering with them to identify innovative and cost-effective solutions that optimize their opportunities for success.
- Design and direct rail-related components of passenger rail, freight rail and commuter rail projects
- Perform railroad track inspections and other site inspections during construction and maintenance projects to determine if they are within tolerance levels established by the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), AREMA, and other applicable regulations
- Mentor junior level engineers and help them to develop within the Rail and Transit practice
- Serve as Project Manager on projects
- Lead the design and construction phase processes for transit and rail projects
- Draw on experience in A&E design process to produce plans and specifications
- Analyze project task needs, changes and enhancements and makes recommendations
- Stay abreast of industry changes and requirements, policies, procedures and legislation
- Work within a team on designs for new, modification of existing railways and facilities
- Interact with engineers from transit authorities and heavy rail entities on designs and interfaces to subsystems
- Review drawings and project documents for quality
- Travel to customer sites to gain an understanding of project requirements
- Create and provide presentations of associated systems designs
- Active member of local professional organization including participation in conference programs, panel discussions, papers and presentations
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- 7+ years of relevant experience including experience with Commuter/Transit Agencies
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong focus on client service with excellent client skills and ability to enhance and develop solid client relationships
- Ability to interact well with others and develop and contribute to high quality technical and professional deliverables on projects and proposals
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering.