WSP is currently initiating a search for a Vice President for our Herndon, VA office. This position can also be based out of our Washington DC office as well. Be involved in projects with our PMCM Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Business development including, Client engagement, Opportunity identification, team formation, proposal preparation, presentation and project execution
- Develop technical & price proposals, task budgets and invoice review by utilizing/collaborating with our Internal Systems
- Identify upcoming leads and projects
- Business development and operation lead for Transportation PM/CM projects in VA/DC
- Manage scope, schedule and budget for personnel assigned to projects
- Project Reviews to ensure project profitability and client satisfaction
- Collaborate and coordinate with other Business Line team members within the Capital District
- Recruit, develop and retain suitable field staff to be used on project assignments.
- Supervise, assess, mentor, and train a team of Project Managers, Construction Managers & Inspectors
- Coordinate the assignment of personnel with contracts and project timelines
- Assist with change order preparation and reviews
- Assist with risk management/registers
- Assist with safety management internally and externally
- Work with internal general counsel to oversee contract correspondences, risk aversion, insurance, etc.
- Attend industry meetings
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12 years of leadership experience
- Superior knowledge of Clients, Opportunities and Competitions in Virginia and DC
- Well-developed experience in strategic leadership
- Strong ability in operational issues and solving technical problems with complexity
- Demonstrates excellence in providing high quality technical performance and oversight through innovative thinking and application of tools
- Ability to lead and manage others in producing high quality technical and professional deliverables on projects, initiative, and programs
- General understanding of the overall operations of WSP across all market sectors.
- Knowledge of business finances and the impact of decisions to the bottom line.
- Provides input into budget for department or region
- Significant client-facing experience