WSP USA’s Strategic Growth Team is seeking a Marketing Manager to be a key player leading our continued growth across major infrastructure markets: Transportation; Property and Buildings; Energy; Water; Climate, Resiliency and Sustainability. The position can be based in the Baltimore, MD area, or another major market across the Capital District like Washington, DC; Herndon, VA; or Virginia Beach, VA.
WSP offers a supportive work environment and incredible opportunities for professional growth. The marketing team collaborates across offices, practices and business lines, engendering a close-knit group of professionals who work together to succeed.
While our ideal candidate brings experience in the A/E/C or professional services industries, what we’re looking for is someone with a collaborative, can-do attitude who has a special knack for creativity, storytelling, organization and mentoring staff. The right candidate is an empathetic colleague who works to build community through positivity and can bring home the win!
Job Summary, Duties and Responsibilities:
Drives successful client engagement, proposal, pursuit and other marketing activities within a District. Supports client teams in positioning for major pursuits, including gathering and disseminating market/pursuit intelligence; building a pipeline; and maintaining a strong company brand image within the industry.
Oversees a marketing team and helps to drive the organization to achieve sales and funding objectives while deploying resources to successfully pursue specific projects and strategic opportunities. Under limited supervision performs duties to assist the marketing efforts of the Region/District, including proposal and qualifications preparation and presentations. Coordinates marketing efforts of outside vendors and subcontractors. Assists with managing marketing systems and budgets, maintaining all marketing collateral and supports communications initiatives.
- Leads client focused activities and client engagement teams to build client relationships and understanding of client needs, as well as WSP’s response and solutions to meet those needs
- Works with area leadership and client engagement teams in development and maintenance of business unit pipeline, including reporting on BD KPIs
- Assists Marketing Director with activities related to day-to-day supervision of the staff, which may include performance reviews and training/mentoring of staff
- Leads the most complex proposals with general guidance. Collaborates with technical staff and writes/reviews/edits original content for clarity, compliance and key messages. Works with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials ensuring all proposal materials are effectively communicating the strategic vision identified for a given pursuit.
- Works with individual pursuit teams to develop pursuit strategies, including providing business intelligence on clients, competitors and WSP
- Organizes and facilitates pursuit strategy meetings
- Facilitates Go/No-Go discussions and makes recommendations to district leadership
- Leads and supports interview coaching and presentation development for shortlist interviews
- Leads debriefing activities post procurement
- Identifies and drives sector/area visibility plans and external communication opportunities in alignment with strategic priorities
PEOPLE & CULTURE:
- Conducts training and mentoring of marketing team personnel, including annual performance evaluations and improvement measures
- Assists in the ongoing development and refinement of QA procedures and serves as quality control review of materials developed by staff
- Oversees quality of marketing deliverables and compliance with WSP procedures
Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years of experience
- Mentoring experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strategic mindset and sound judgment
- Ability to build trust and influence others
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign), Microsoft Office, SharePoint and other communications-related software programs
- Leadership, communication, liaison, analytical, forecasting, marketing, personnel management and administrative skills
- Experience in A/E/C industry
- Relevant industry certification