WSP is currently initiating a search for a Mechanical Engineer for our Baltimore, MD office. Be involved in projects with our Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. This is an excellent opportunity for a proficient engineer to influence production of engineering design and support mass-transit projects with a focus on resiliency, equity, and sustainability.
- Support mechanical engineering projects for transit, industrial, commercial and institutional projects which may include roadways, airports, marine ports, vehicular or rail tunnels, telecommunication facilities, traffic management centers, transit centers, transit maintenance facilities, parking structures, pump stations, or bridge infrastructure.
- Design of air distribution and hydronic systems.
- Scheduling and selecting major equipment.
- Automatic temperature controls system design and specification.
- Cooling/heating load calculations.
- Construction administration.
- Assist with project management.
- Attend client meetings.
- Provide support during construction activities.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical /HVAC Engineering or a related discipline.
- 3 - 5 years of experience designing mechanical systems for facilities.
- Experience in one or more of the following categories of facilities: Vehicular and rail tunnels; telecommunications; transit; aviation; industrial; commercial; educational; health care; or governmental.
- Project experience from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
- Experience with the design of HVAC systems and automatic temperature controls for a broad range of commercial systems.
- Working knowledge of building and energy codes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- P.E. license or E.I.T. certification.
- LEED AP.