Be involved in projects with our Traffic Engineering Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Traffic Engineer for our Lawrenceville, NJ office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Signing and Pavement Marking Design
- Traffic Signal Design
- Traffic Signal Electrical Design
- Traffic Control/Staging (i.e. Maintenance and Protection of Traffic) Design
- Transportation Planning, concept plan development, and feasibility studies of highway, bridge and other transportation facilities projects
- Crash Analysis and Safety Studies
- Technical Writing and Report Documentation
- Oversight of traffic data collection and analysis activities on various projects
- Coordination with other disciplines on project teams working on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Preparation of engineering design plans, specifications, quantity calculations and cost estimates
- Providing technical support for transportation projects in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and New York.
- Talent is the essence of meeting our clients’ objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited program.
- 3+ years of experience in traffic engineering design & construction projects.
- Demonstrated track record of working with clients throughout the region and the states.
- EIT Certification.
- Working knowledge of traffic engineering software, such as HCS, Synchro & SimTraffic, VISSIM, and/or CORSIM.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- M.S. degree in a related field.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification.
- Familiar with the MUTCD, HCM, AASHTO, ITE guidelines, ADA Accessibility Guidelines and the NJDOT and NJTA Roadway Design Manuals.
- Experience with AutoCAD, AutoTURN, GuidSIGN, Microstation, and/or GIS.
- Experience developing construction bid packages, including plans, construction cost estimates, and technical specifications.
- Experience and/or ability to perform field work, including site inventories and/or traffic data collection.
- Experience with site trip generation, operational analysis of intersections and roadways, crash and safety analyses, signal design, and/or signing and striping layout and design.
- Experience in Highway Lighting Design
- Experience in Traffic Signing and Striping Design
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.