WSP is currently initiating a search for a full-time Office Engineer for our Chicago, IL office. Be involved in projects with our PM/CM Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Provides support to the Resident Engineer.
- Performs routine office and field engineering tasks
- Maintains construction management office document control system
- Reviews inspector daily reports for completeness and conformance to contract requirements
- Attends project meetings, records meeting minutes, develops meeting agendas, and creates project status reports and logs for RFI’s, change orders, submittals, etc.
- Ensures inspection staff have all updated plans and specifications throughout the project
- Maintains red line as-built plans and specifications.
- Assists with contractor schedule reviews
- Verifies accuracy of force account and extra work bills
- Prepares various project status reports for client and funding partner review
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on contractor activities
- Assist in preparing routine reports on project progress
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering-related field experience
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience (or equivalent working knowledge/experience) Specialized knowledge
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Must successfully complete and pass WSP’s Motor Vehicle screening
- Previous experience working on an operating railroad
- Previous experience working on trasit/rail projects
- Experience with e-Builder strongly
- IDOT Documentation of Contract Quantities certification