WSP USA is seeking a highly motivated Program Management/ Construction Management (PMCM) Local Business Leader / Project Manager to support our growing PM/CM practice throughout New Mexico. This is a high impact role, and the successful candidate will have significant input and influence in shaping the future structure and growth of our Construction Services business in New Mexico which is part of our West PMCM District. The preferred location for this position is in our Albuquerque Office, but we are flexible for the right candidate with other New Mexico Offices.
In this role, you will partner with key area and regional leaders and other stakeholders to champion the delivery of world-class construction services with an initial focus on Construction Engineering and Inspection (CE&I) services to consistently meet or exceed client expectations. The PMCM Local Business Leader is accountable for providing leadership and skills necessary to drive growth, talent acquisition and operating performance for the New Mexico PMCM practice.
- Working collaboratively with the PMCM District leadership, non-PMCM districts, and regional leadership to develop strategic growth plans for the New Mexico PMCM practice across various clients and markets.
- Provide overall leadership to the PMCM business in New Mexico as the practice grows, and ultimately expanding our delivery of professional construction services to both public and private clients.
- Coordinate efforts with support units, strategically drive the business, manage project performance, manage overhead expenditures, and manage the financial metrics involved with running the local PMCM business to meet annual business goals.
- Direct all operations related to project performance; business development; market expansion; and industry leadership.
- Identifying growth opportunities through new and existing markets and clients and the hiring of staff to acquire the necessary skills and drive growth initiatives
- Managing PMCM contracts (Project Manager) through the assignment of professional Project Managers, Resident Engineers, Inspectors, subconsultants, and other project technical resources allocated to the group to efficiently and effectively deliver projects, to meet client expectations and project profitability.
- Maintaining and developing key relationships with public and private clients, including teaming partners.
- Managing technical non-billable time for the most effective outcomes in accordance with plan targets for the New Mexico PMCM group.
- Focus on both staff retention and talent acquisition.
- Managing career path development for all construction services staff for Project Managers, Resident Engineers, Inspectors, technical support staff, and early career professionals.
- Delivering projects using the appropriate systems for quality, safety, schedule, and cost management.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources, and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in New Mexico or ability to obtain within six months.
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Engineering or Construction Management.
- 12+ years of transportation related engineering experience in the consulting and or public agency realms. Engineering experience should include at least 3 years in Construction Engineering and Administration.
- Knowledge of NMDOT, Bernalillo, and other New Mexico County Policies and Procedures and Certifications Required for Inspection and Testing / Training Programs
- Specific expertise in the heavy highway/municipal construction market in New Mexico and established relationships with local potential teaming partners and key client decision makers.
- Proven success in managing operations of an organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the public-sector clients in New Mexico.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with internal and external Clients / stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams to success.
- Proven capability in the preparation of written technical documents.
- Demonstrated experience in leading/developing oral presentations.
- Solid understanding of current and emerging technical trends that affect the professional construction services business.
- Flexibility to evaluate, accept and adopt new technologies.
- Organized, self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven track record of developing a culture of safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Must successfully complete and pass WSP’s Motor Vehicle screening.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related field is a plus.
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
- Alternative Delivery (DB, CMAR or CMGC) experience is a plus