WSP is currently initiating a search for a Zero Emissions Vehicles Program Lead - primarily based in the Capital District working out of our Washington, DC, Herndon, Virginia or Baltimore, MD office. This position reports to the National Zero Emissions Bus Lead , within WSP’s Transit & Rail National Business Line.
Be involved in some of the most dynamic and transformative projects in the Capital District and be part of a growing team at in WSP's National Transit and Rail group that strives to exceed client objectives and helps solves their zero emission challenges.
The selected individual will be responsible for providing full-time program management and technical expertise supporting our Zero Emission (ZE) vehicle practice.
The selected candidate will be providing technically oriented program management leadership, project delivery expertise, supporting WSP’s impressive portfolio of clients engaged in or transitioning to a Zero Emission fleet. Assisting clients with their planning, procurement, maintenance and operation of ZE fleets. Experience in ZE technologies and associated specifications, standards, and recommended practices is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and provide strong program management leadership to cross-functional teams in executing project work, developing zero emission and future ready solutions for our clients.
- Ensure efficient resourcing and accountability for the quality of ZE deliverables.
- Actively support business development efforts and proposal submittals.
- Coordinate with the planning and technical staff of our clients, providing a high level of strategic advice, consultancy, and subject matter expertise.
- Staying informed with the latest ZE technologies and becoming a thought leader in solutions
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Transportation Planning, or a related field.
- 10 + years of experience working in a transit or transportation planning field.
- Knowledge of and experience with zero emissions technologies.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities in a logical and orderly manner.
- Ability to work independently and provide guidance and leadership to mid-level to senior level team or project members.
- Good communication and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, SharePoint, and Project.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to prioritize responsibilities and quickly adapt to change in a pressure work environment.
- Advanced degree(s) in Business Management or Planning
- PMP certification