Be involved in projects with our Transportation & Project Controls Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Project Controls Manager who can be located out of any of our Virginia offices.
- Serve as Client's representative for the assigned project with responsibilities for all phases of the Project.
- nsure all required tasks are performed on-time and within budget.
- Engage specifically in planning, stafﬁng, scheduling, budget management, quality control, safety, and coordination of subcontractors and Internal technical and support staff.
- Manage client relationships.
- Develop project scopes, negotiate hours, prepare reports, develop and maintain schedules and budgets, and ensure quality reviews are complete.
- Provide all necessary documents, Information, and monthly reports to Client's Safety Certiﬁcation Review Committee.
- Identify scheduling and cost variances and recommendations for corrective action for negative variance.
- Make recommendations on difﬁcult engineering issues.
- Apply new and creative engineering solutions to complex engineering. technical, and project management problems.
- Resolve issues with contract fulfillment in a timely manner and ensure that all aspects of the program remain on schedule and within budget.
- Make work assignments and provide technical direction to the project team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline desired, but not required with applicable experience.
- 10+ years experience in project controls.with 5+ years of experience in transit and transportation projects
- Excellent leadership skills and experience in preliminary and ﬁnal design and procedure for transit projects.
- Experience in preparing project reports and documentation.
- Experience in establishing project control systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of project management, to coordinate, review and provide expert technical management for the assigned projects.
- Knowledge of project controls, including critical path method scheduling and budgetary control systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering requirements, program policies, and procedures by which the Authority is governed.
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal, state, and local transportation administration regulations and policies.
- Ability to independently organize and carry out assignments with minimum direction as well as to function effectively as a leader of highly professional personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Project Management, schedule or cost management training or certification through Project Management Institute (PMI) or American Association of Cost Engineers (AACE) or other relevant industry organizations.
- Background knowledge of the civil engineering and construction industry desired.
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management Criteria and methods.
- Knowledge of project controls software such as COBRA, PRISM, Procore, InEight desired.
- Hands on experience with ORACLE PRIMAVERA P6 Professional.
- Successful completion of OSHA 10-Hour Construction Course.