WSP USA's Northeast Marketing Group is seeking a creative Proposal Manager to be a key player in supporting our firm's continued growth and strategic business development. This individual will work in the New York City area, with opportunities to work across business lines in our Northeast region.
WSP offers a supportive work environment and incredible opportunities for growth in marketing. Our leaders strongly advocate for professional development with opportunities to join professional organizations and attend educational seminars. The marketing team often collaborates across offices, practices and business lines, engendering a close-knit group of professionals who work together to succeed.
While our ideal candidate will bring experience in the A/E/C or professional services industries, what we're looking for is someone with a collaborative, can-do attitude that has a special knack for creativity and storytelling. The right candidate will be an empathetic leader who works to build community through positivity and who can bring home the win!
The Marketing Manager works with New York District Director, business line management and/or district management to align priorities and drive successful proposal, pursuit and marketing activities across the geographical region. In addition, will support local teams in positioning for major pursuits, including capture planning, and pipeline development.
- Supports client focus activities and client engagement teams to build client relationships and understanding of client needs, and WSP"s response and solutions to those needs
- Works with area leadership and client engagement teams in development and maintenance of business unit pipeline, including reporting on business development KPIs.
- Potentially Assist New York Marketing Director with activities related to day-to-day supervision of the staff, which may include performance reviews and training/ mentoring of staff.
- Leads complex proposals with general guidance. Collaborates with technical staff and writes/reviews/edits original content for clarity, compliance and key messages. Works with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials ensuring all proposal materials are effectively communicating the strategic vision identified for a given pursuit
- Works with individual pursuit teams to develop pursuit strategies, including providing business intelligence on clients, competitors and WSP
- Organizes and facilitates pursuit strategy meetings.
- Facilitates Go/No-Go discussions and documentation
- Lead and support interview coaching and presentation development for shortlist interviews
- Supports debriefing activities post procurement
PEOPLE & CULTURE:
- May conduct training and mentoring of marketing team personnel
- Assists in the ongoing development and refinement of QA procedures, and serves as quality control review of materials developed by Department.
- Oversees quality of marketing deliverables and compliance with WSP procedures
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or relevant experience.
- 7 years minimum experience
- Mentoring experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses a strategic mindset and sound judgment.
- Ability to build trust and influence others
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and other communications-related software programs
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Experience in A/E/C industry