Be involved in projects with our Transit & Rail Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets client objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Architect/Industrial Engineer/Engineer for our Houston-park Row office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be an integral part f the Fleet & Facilities team that provides services across the country for transit, public works, military, and schools in the area of maintenance and operations facility programming and design, master planning, shop equipment coordination (preparation of equipment layouts and specifications), and fleet management and maintenance consulting. Projects are typically fast paced with durations ranging from several days to several years.
- Must be able to multi-task and work with others in a fast paced environment to meet our client's needs.
- Assist in preparation and editing of reports, design criteria documents, drawings (site, facility, and equpment layout), equipment specifications, and other deliverables for the group.
- Will assist on varous Fleet & Facilities group projects. This is not a hire for any specific project. The position is intended to be long term and will provide ample opportunity for professional growth and interface with major public agenices and design firms across the country.
- Will be involved in a wide range of projects including transit, public works, military, and school maintenance faciltiies with construction budgets ranging from $5M to $500M.
- Facilitiate meetings with client and client staff, monitoring project activities and their completion for client satisfaction
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Strong organizational and communication skills, written and verbal
- Assist with proposals and pursuits
- Domestic travel (approximately 25% of time or more) will be required (when it can be done safely).
- Other duties as assigned
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- 5 plus years of experience in design, construction, and project management.
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture, Industrial Engineering or related degree
- Proven ability to guide assigned projects through successful completion.
- Experience with capital and operating cost estimation for transit programs.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and Revit.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Bluebeam required.
- High degree of creativity, foresight, technical judgment in assigned projects.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work within a team environment
- Licensed Architect or Engineer or ability/desie to become registered.
- Experience with transit and public works fleet facilties and/or operations.
- Experience with designing for zero emission vehicles.
- Experience managing clients (public or private) with large staffing and equipment requirements.
- Overall multi-discipline knowledge of buildings and building systems.
- Available for international travel.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.