We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Sr. Hydrogeologist for our Shelton, CT office. Be involved in projects with our Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Prepare environmental work plans and manage projects through completion, on time and budget
- As needed, support field work (supervision of drilling, remedial actions, collection of various samples)
- Supervise, mentor and train junior staff
- Data analysis and interpretation to determine the next course of action
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, or closely related discipline
- Must have completed at least one hydrogeology course
- 5 to 7 years of experience working as a Geologist.
- Good understanding of CTDEEP RSRs
- The candidate must have strong computer and writing skills.
- The successful candidate must be able to work independently and show a high level of initiative and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- M.S. degree in geology or hydrogeology and must have completed at least one hydrogeology course
- Proficiency with ESRI"s ArcGIS software
- CTDEEP Licensed Environmental Professional
- Water supply development and permitting experience #LI-BJ1