WSP is currently initiating a search for a Aviation Resident Engineer for our Baltimore, MD office. Be involved in projects with our PMCM Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
The Aviation Resident Engineer's duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the general organization and supervision of construction projects of varying size and complexity leading up to, during, and after the construction phase
- Coordination of Work with various impacted entities
- Coordination of Administration resources in pursuit of project completion (Safety, QA, Insurance Inspections, etc.) • Oversight and
- Review of Contractor Performance
- Enforcement of contract documents in keeping with good construction and business practices and the regulations and codes of other interested local, state, and federal agencies where applicable.
- Review and interpretation of documents such as Drawings, Specifications, Submittals, RFI’s, Change Orders, etc.
- Project Reporting to the Administration and other interested local, state, and federal agencies as required.
- Cost Control measures including but not limited to price negotiation.
- Quality Assurance / Quality Control
- General supervision over the creation of project records and documentation
- Preside at meetings at various stages and intervals before, during, and after the construction phase
- Responsible for the timely review and execution of all progress, semi-final, and final payments associated with their assigned project(s).
- Review Contractor claims, change orders, and time extension requests.
- Assists in the supervision of subordinate project staff
- Review of Project Record related deliverables, most notably Inspector’s Daily Reports (IDRs).
- Assists in implementing, reviewing, modifying, and maintaining project-level management policies and procedures that promote project-level staff efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist as requested in the performance of Constructability Reviews of upcoming projects expected to fall within their purview.
- Plan ahead in order to foresee problem areas that may potentially cause a delay/claim situation and provide input to solve the problems in order to minimize time and cost impacts.
- Utilize computer and business software packages to prepare correspondence relating to projects, manage project workflow and maintain project records.
- Recommend solutions to problems arising during construction.
- Review contractor's Requests for Information (RFI) and recommend feasible responses to the Construction Manager and EOR.
- Perform related work as required.
- Work effectively with others.
- Understand and follow instructions.
Who You Are
- Minimum 12 years of RE construction experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Architecture or equivalent experience/certifications
- Aviation experience preferred
- Knowledge of construction methods, scheduling and materials.
- Knowledge of inspection methods.
- Ability to deal effectively with contractors, engineers, architects and representatives of utility and government agencies.
- Supervisory ability.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Knowledge of field inspection equipment; ability to read and interpret plans and contract specifications; and maintain detailed records.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures. Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Aviation experience preferred
This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.