WSP is currently initiating a search for a full-time Senior Construction Manager for our Baltimore City office at 111 Market Place . Be involved in projects with our PM/CM Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
YOU will manage and lead construction management projects for sanitary sewer collection systems, interceptors, force mains, water distribution system, water/wastewater treatment plants and pumping/lifting stations.
Construction Management activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain contact with clients about upcoming new opportunities and projects
- Manage and provide daily guidance to a team of construction engineers and inspectors, project control specialists, and administrators
- Supervise field inspection staff, directing and assigning specific tasks
- Ability to prepare clear technical, financial, administrative and explanatory correspondences
- Recognize construction problems and applies standard techniques and procedures to solve the problem
- Monitor onsite construction progress and activities
- Lead the construction management and administration activities related to cost, schedule and quality with team support
- Keep detailed records of contractor’s performance and progress
- Oversee/Track the technical submittal, shop drawing review and RFI process, with support of design lead
- Review construction progress and recommend payments to contractors
- Review and assess progress of work for compliance with approved construction schedule; and provide analysis of monthly contractor schedule and recovery plan
- Lead the investigation of construction deficiencies and offer recommended corrective actions
- Manage the change order management process, with support of project control specialists, construction engineers, and designers
- Perform Constructability reviews and value engineering analysis
- Conduct/Attend construction meetings with client and contractors
- Assure the document control systems are established and maintained, through project closeout
- Monitor contractor's Quality Assurance plan and conrformance with project quality requirements
- Identify project risks and provide mitigation plan
- Coordinate start-up and commissioning with the client and commissioning agent
- Provide technical guidance and insight during punch list/closeout activities
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or Construction Management
- Professional Engineer license in Maryland or ability to get reciprocity within 3 months AND/OR registered as a Certified Construction Manager (CCM) through the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
- 7-10 years experience in construction management on linear construction (utility projects) or vertical construction (facility projects)
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Strong writing skills to support technical reporting as well as oral communication skills are required, and proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Solid knowledge of Oracle Contract Management (CM14), Oracle Unifier AND/OR e-Builder
- Proactive leader and problem-solver
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Valid driver's license
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.