Be involved in projects with our Project Controls & Technology Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Project Controls Specialist for our Washington, DC office.
- Work under the direction of the Project Manager and/or Project Controls Manager to support the planning, coordination, and evaluation of project financial reporting.
- Attend a variety of project meetings with project stakeholders to track and solve cost and schedule management issues.
- Maintain financial reports for individual project subtasks, and provide roll-up reports that summarize the subtasks.
- Review funding availability and procurement documentation to ensure conformance to approved project budgets.
- Facilitate change management processes to ensure changes are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participate in development of project estimates, budgets, forecasts, estimates to complete, and cost trends.
Who You Are
- Qualified candidates should have 7+ years of combined field and office cost control experience involving large-scale projects
- The candidate must have the ability to work in a matrix-type environment and must be a self-starter.
- Experience with multiple stakeholder/funding sources is required.
- Proficiency in cost control/cost management methods and applications including earned value analysis and cost forecasting.
- Ability to interface with clients and participate in business development initiatives.
- Experience with cost accrual and tracking procedures are a plus, as are cost estimating and scheduling experience.
- Expert ability with Microsoft Office Suite primarily Excel.
- Knowledge of Primavera Contract Manager, P6, SharePoint and/or Cognos dB are a major plus.
- Certification as PMP, CCE, or CCC is also a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and interpersonal skills to deal with a high-pressure environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field is required.
- Permanent residence or US citizenship is required for this position.
- Advanced degrees or professional certifications and accreditations in Construction Management and related fields.
- While local candidates are preferred, excellent candidates from other US locations will be considered.