WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Transit Program Manager for the Capital Region to take a lead role working closely with our clients in managing programs and delivering projects.
This role provides leadership within a sector of organization to ensure transit and rail engineering subject matter, technical deliverables, infrastructure projects and programs are delivered with a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry and company standards for design, safety, and functionality. Responsible for SME innovation and administration, ensuring corporate compliance with all Local, State, and Federal engineering, construction, and safety regulations, and providing pragmatic direction to address current and future challenges in a rapidly-changing and complex business climate.
- Provide proactive and strategic leadership for the transit and rail engineering discipline and function, offering direction, expertise, and support to ensure Act as a technical expert on Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), light rail and passenger rail projects at all phases from concept to construction
- Support our existing transit portfolio including BRT, light rail, passenger rail, and multimodal infrastructure programs.
- Collaborate with other business lines and geographic managers
- Reinforce existing client relationships across the Washington DC Capital Region
- Assist in growing the business by building relationships, writing marketing proposals, providing other business development support, and growing the transit and rail practice
- Identify and prioritize transit and rail capital program opportunities
- Engage in client-facing relationships to nurture future opportunities
- Mentor junior staff to develop key client facing skills
- Develop and manage a portfolio of design and construction management work in the transit and infrastructure development industries.
- Identify and lead pursuit of planning, design and construction management projects.
- Scope development, scheduling, budgeting, client management, and invoicing
- Serve as a technical project manager for transit and rail, facility, and civil/roadway design projects.
- Coordination with other directors/leaders to ensure a consistent level of technical standards and applications on projects.
- Prepare presentations, technical memoranda and management reports.
- Support internal business management processes.
- Identify staff and support practice building, mentorship and skill development of professional staff
- Management of multi-discipline technical teams to deliver projects to clients
- Potential to travel to assist other offices to support of national transit and rail projects
- Demonstrate your skills to the industry through conference presentations and paper publication
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in planning, engineering, or related field
- 12+ years of combined experience in the transit and rail and infrastructure development industries
- Professional Engineer (PE) or applicable licensure(s)
- Advanced proficiency with making technical computations and calculations involving the application of engineering principles, understanding plans and specifications and making factual comparisons to the appropriate regulations.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Tactical lateral thinking and strong analytical skills with attention to detail and prioritization of responsibilities in a pressure work environment.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, clients, regulators, and company-wide staff, including those with whom no formal hierarchical relationship exits.
- Established industry contacts and networks
- Critical strategic and creative thinking skills
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and works well with others and in a team environment
- Experience developing, cultivating and growing transit related programs
- Experience assembling multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix environment
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.