Our team has an excellent reputation of serving numerous clients in their water resource needs. You will be engaged in exciting projects, ranging from FEMA RiskMap (Risk Mapping, Assessment, and Planning) activities, flood mitigation studies, drainage studies and other similar water resources projects. Our professionals are networked across the WSP organization to collectively provide solutions to complex issues.
The successful candidate will work closely with team members in an established engineering consulting firm that includes friendly, hard-working and collaborative professionals. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to assist with management of tasks and review of project work. We are dedicated to providing the environment to allow individuals to grow their career further, and we value the technical and professional contributions of our team members.
- Will perform engineering calculations including hydrologic and hydraulic modelling tasks for a variety of water resources projects including dams, levee systems, stormwater systems and watershed & floodplain studies
- Assist in the analysis and design of flood mitigation projects
- Produce written and oral reports
- Perform technical reviews of modeling and analysis
- Mentor junior engineering staff
- Collaborate and participate in technical discussions with team members
- Will work under the guidance and mentorship of senior engineers
- Will coordinate with GIS professionals
- Will supervise technicians as needed
Who You Are
- BS degree in Civil, Agricultural, or Environmental Engineering required
- Professional Engineering License preferred
- 4-8 years’ + of water resources experience
- Preferred Engineering Software experience (any):
- USACE HEC Programs (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, etc.), etc.
- EPA-SWMM, etc.
- 2-Dimentional Flow Modelling
- Geographical Information Systems experience such as ESRI ArcGIS, ArcPro, QGIS, etc.
- Great technical writing skills
- Effective communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Familiarity with FEMA RiskMAP products prefered
- Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- Essential Professional Licensure/Certification.
- Experience managing small to mid-size projects.
- 40-Hour OSHA Health & Safety Training (HAZWOPER) (29 CFR 1910.120) preferred.
- Basic First Aid and Adult CPR training desired.