WSP USA is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of experience in roadway lighting design. Be involved in projects with our public sector clients in Illinois such as Illinois State Highway Toll Authority (ISHTA) or Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT).
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
- Conduct review of consultant design submittals including roadway lighting, Intelligent Transportation Systems (electrical components), and toll plaza electrical plans.
- Update and maintain the Roadway Illumination design and construction standards
- Update and maintain Standard Drawings and Details
- Update and maintain roadway lighting specifications for DOT procurements
- Support ITS and Tolling standards revisions (electrical components)
- Annual standards update presentations and workshops
- Research and review electrical and lighting products
- Research new lighting innovations and leading efforts to implement
- Support asset management of lighting assets in various Asset Management System.
- Assist in the assessment of roadway lighting system elements on an annual basis and provide condition reports to support modernization efforts.
- Support ComEd’s LED Streetlight Incentives Program
- Be involved with the evaluation of new lighting management systems
- Provide construction support including Shop drawing reviews, Construction walkthrough inspections
- Comply with regulatory requirements pertaining to the data integrity, documentation, procedures, training, monitoring systems, and record compliance and retention.
- Interact with regulatory agencies, subcontractors, and clients in a confident and professional manner.
- Remain current in latest electrical engineering techniques and practices.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and planners on projects with infrastructure authorities on Federal, State, regional, and locally funded improvement and development projects.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of relevant post education experience as an electrical engineer providing design deliverables for large capital projects.
- Engineer in Training Certification.
- Comprehensive knowledge of roadway lighting design, industry standards, materials, and installation
- Experience performing roadway lighting calculations with AGi32 software
- Experience performing voltage drop calculations for roadway lighting
- Ability to take voltage/current/light measurements with electrical test equipment
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Etc.)
- Knowledge of Bentley Projectwise & Microstation CADD software
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Possess strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read, understand and follow written steps and procedures
- Ability to work independent and take initiative to perform tasks
- Experience with ISHTA and IDOT lighting projects
- Valid Driver’s License
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Highly capable self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently and provide guidance and leadership to junior team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC.
- Proficiency with technical writing, office automation, discipline-specific design software (i.e., CADD, Aspen, CAPE, ETAP), AutoCADD electrical, technology, math principles, predictive models, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, statistical analysis and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solution.
- Ability to assertively direct others in the field such as subcontractors and others to consistently complete tasks safely and efficiently.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- Licensed Illinois Professional Engineer (PE)
- Experience managing small to mid-size projects.
- 40-Hour OSHA Health & Safety Training (HAZWOPER) (29 CFR 1910.120) preferred.
- Basic First Aid and Adult CPR training desired.