WSP is currently initiating a search for a Sr. Lead Roadway Design Engineer/Project Manager for our Nashville, TN location with experience in the design of all types of roadway projects; interstate, interchange, urban and complete street design. Additional design responsibilities include safety, temporary traffic control, and ADA compliance for transportation projects. Provides subject matter technical support and leadership for infrastructure projects and systems in the public and private sector. Responsibilities include the research, design, concept development, and planning of facilities, roads, tunnels, and bridges within our states transportation network. Provides situational guidance to PMs and managers that address current and future challenges, and that documentation and recommendations accurately account for and address risk, innovation, and future-ready opportunities. Provides leadership with ensuring that responsibilities are delivered and adhered to with a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry standards for design, safety, and functionality.
- Provide oversight with collecting, compiling, and analyzing data from the physical work site, surveys, plans, GIS data, subsurface utility information, maps, hydrologic analysis, geotechnical data, and other matrices for project development, design, and construction.
- Apply high-level civil engineering techniques and processes to identify improvements for various infrastructure project phases involving more complex infrastructure and transportation engineering work including concept development, preliminary design, final design, procurement, construction, and operation.
- Perform professional civil engineering work and conduct more complex/comprehensive investigations and inspections of proposed and existing site conditions, resources, facilities, and transportation facilities to determine conformance with applicable rules, standards, and construction or operating permits.
- Develop construction plans, specifications, and cost estimates; preparing construction safety and phasing plans, and updating infrastructure layout plans that require coordination with owners, other disciplines, sub-consultants, and clients.
- Involved from project inception to completion in the management of design and construction of infrastructure projects, including rehabilitation and reconstruction, grading, drainage, pavement design, specifications, building materials, phasing, and construction safety plans.
- Oversees the development and implementation of advanced technologies, monitoring devices, building materials, modeling techniques, design requirements, and operating strategies to account for the safety and functionality of end-users, transportation vehicles/systems, and implementing future-ready solutions with civil engineering design standards.
- Lead larger-scale transportation projects ensuring contributors know what they are required to do and by when, preparing and overseeing relevant project budgets, monitoring external events, tracking hours and expenses, ensuring satisfactory performance, and supervising subcontractors, contract work, and employees.
- Assist with engineering review of engineering design plans and specifications, engineering contracts, and periodic construction inspections, to ensure that they comply with applicable state and/or federal regulations and sound engineering practice and standards.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- 10+ years of relevant post education experience in engineering and civil design. Preferably with TDOT and local Agencies.
- Engineer license required (multi-state preferred).
- Highly proficient with civil engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to permitting and project work-related issues.
- Highly proficient with infrastructure design.
- Experienced with providing critical review for documents and preparing technical deliverables and plans with a high degree of complexity.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering.#LI-PJ1