We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Civil/Geotechnical Engineer for our Denver, Colorado office. Be involved in projects with our US Mine Waste Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. In this role you will have the opportunity to work as a part of a regional team on challenging mining, heavy civil, and geotechnical projects. #GlobalMining
- Working within our Mine Waste team on civil and geotechnical engineering projects for the mining industry
- Performing engineering tasks such as:
- Geotechnical field investigations
- Site and material characterization
- Design of facilities including grading, storage capacity, and construction quantity evaluations
- Slope stability, seepage, consolidation, liner system, and deformation analyses to support facility designs
- Surface water management analysis and facility designs
- Preparing portions of technical reports that document field and laboratory investigations, engineering analyses, and facility designs
- Assisting with the preparation of project design packages including technical drawings, specifications, project schedules, and cost estimates
- Performing domestic and international field assignments, such as geotechnical investigations and construction monitoring
- Comply with safety guidelines and site-specific procedures which include but are not limited to, location data, statistical documentation, engineering studies and surveys, and construction.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant post education experience.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or the ability to complete the exam within 6 months of start date.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to complete engineering calculations and analyses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and on teams.
- Comfortable working in remote settings.
- An active focus on health and safety for themselves and others.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Basic proficiency with technical writing, office automation, software, spreadsheets, technology, and tools.
- Familiarity with discipline-specific design software (i.e., AutoCAD and Civil 3D).
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- A Master's degree in civil or geotechnical eningeering, or an equivalent field of study.
- Engineer in Training Certification.
- Prior internship related to the degree of study and the specific engineering discipline.
Compensation and Benefits
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career. Expected Salary: $54,700 - $98,600.
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant's sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.