Be involved in projects with our Advisory Services Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Systems Finance / Economics Consultant. This position could be located in our Washington, DC office or any of the following locations: New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area, Portland, Seattle, Denver, Chicago, and Austin. Be involved in projects with our System Finance and Economics business line and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
We are looking for a highly motivated analyst consultant with experience in infrastructure data analytics and applied economics to join our Economic Analysis and Strategy (EAS) group. The successful candidate will provide technical expertise in economic and statistical analysis and related fields including finance and data analytics.
- Conduct primary and secondary research related to planning, economics, and finance of instrastucture projects
- Develop research briefs or reports and deliver results presentations
- Demonstrates commitment to keeping up-to-date in knowledge of current trends and practices
- Contribute to marketing and business develop activities
- Participate with clients and attend client meetings
- Collaborate with teams across services areas and business lines in Advisory Services
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Data Sciences, Business, Economics, Finance, Urban or Transportation Planning, Environmental Studies, Liberal Arts, Public Policy, Operations Research, or closely related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant post education experience in discipline and in a management consulting or client advisory capacity.
- Experience with economic and statistical analysis and related fields, with demonstrated progression of responsibility in economic areas including benefit-cost analysis, business case analysis, economic impact analysis, economic modeling and forecasting, socio-economic/land use forecasting, econometrics, and/or finance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills are highly desirable
- Interest or experience in the infrastructure industry and related sectors
- Interest or experience in emerging technologies and artificial intellengence applications in the infrastructure industry
- Program/project delivery implementation experience is highly desirable
- Ability to think creatively, work independently and deliver high quality work with minimal supervision
- Experience with analytical packages and/or programming languages (SAS, EViews, SPSS, R, Python, Matlab, VBA, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Excellent communicator with abilities to deliver complex ideas and results in intuitive and effective manner to non-techinical audience
- Employment authorization to work in the United States immediately required
- Advanced degree in economics, data science, statistics, applied mathematics, business, public policy, or urban planning desirable
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary: $65,900 - $105,500
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.