WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full-Time Systems Project Manager for our Dallas TX, office. This position reports to the Managing Director of Transit and Rail, Texas District, within WSP's Transit & Rail National Business Line.
- Responsible for managing various systems disciplines in design and delivery of project tasks and managing scope, budget and quality control
- Responsible for the coordinating project priorities, staffing schedules, and staff assignments to ensure clients are provided the proper resources at the appropriate time
- Responsible for technical coaching and mentoring and efficient, productive utilization of staff in providing high-quality service
- Responsible for hiring, supervising, and developing staff members, as well as establishing and approving budgets for the group
- Strong understanding of Interface Management and Systems Integration principals among various disciplines like systems, civil, track, vehicle etc
- Strong understanding of commuter and light rail start-up testing and commissioning principals
- Strong understanding of Design and Construction Management
- Supervise a team of engineers and other technical staff
- Manage sub consultants and sub-consultant contracts
- Effectively communicate between clients, contractors, construction management teams, and rail project partners
- Strong understanding of Federal Railroad Administration and Federal Transit Administration requirements for project implementation
- Strong understanding of project implementation processes
- Strong understanding of project management processes
- Scope development and definition
- Prepare level of effort (LOE) rough order magnitude (ROM) estimates for engineering services
- Familiarity with CPM scheduling practices
- Remain current in the latest transit and rail engineering techniques and practices
- Collaborate with professionals from a variety of disciplines to provide “trusted advisor” service and future-ready solutions for clients.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or closely related discipline
- Candidate must relocate to Dallas, TX
- Minimum 10 years' experience of the design, construction, testing and commissioning of Train Control Systems
- Professional Engineer's (PE) License (multi-state preferred).
- 5+ years working in a management position
- Experience in Systems Engineering
- Experience in the delivery and design of public transportation and rail projects
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Strong ability to quickly adapt to change and demonstrate flexibility to a variety of schedules and hours to meet business needs
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- Experience with train control systems for Light Rail, Heavy Rail, Commuter Rail, Mass Transit and High-Speed Rail Projects
- AREMA, CMAA, or other technical association involvement