WSP is currently initiating a search for a Transit Program Manager for our Baltimore, MD office. The following location will also be considered: Washington, DC. Be involved in projects with our National Transit & Rail Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- This high-profile position will support and help organize a new department within Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Transit Administration charged with improving the customer experience with innovative solutions.
- The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Innovation Officer and be responsible for successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously in a high pace and rewarding environment.
- Engage with MDOT MTA leadership on high visibility projects across the agency and for all modes served by Maryland Transit (e. g. local bus, light rail, metro, commuter bus, commuter rail, paratransit).
- Tasks will include developing new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), creating and tracking project schedules to help manage resources, and developing presentations for executive decision-makers.
- New tasks and assignments may be assigned by Chief Innovation Officer, successful candidate must be adaptable, patient, and forward-thinking.
- Potential projects may include:
- Developing a public-facing trip evaluation platform with internal workflows.
- Creating an agency-wide real-time signage plan.
- Improving service disruption communications.
- Enhancing passenger-facing technology through software development, data analysis, and process improvement.
- Develop and support existing tools to ensure projects, research, and resources in department are aligned and proactively organized.
- Collaborate with operations staff at control center and at transport divisions to improve quality of real-time passenger information or develop internal products to improve accessibility of vehicle / trip information.
- Collaborate with the real-time manager to understand and improve technology onboard vehicles, at stations, or in passenger-facing applications.
- Assist with overseeing and working with cross-functional teams in executing project work.
- Interact with regulatory agencies, subcontractors, and clients in a confident and professional manner.
- Conduct research as appropriate and assist with proposal development.
- Remain current in latest transportation planning subject matter, practices, regulations, and techniques.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation Planning, Urban Planning, Environmental Planning, or a related field (or equivalent experience.).
- A minimum of 5 years' professional experience.
- Passion for public transit and demonstrated excellence within the mobility sector.
- Familiarity with industry data standards such as the General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS).
- Leadership ability with demonstrated project management experience, defining project deliverables, collaborating with stakeholders, and setting deadlines.
- Prior experience in consulting in a fast-paced mobility organization, transit agency, or related team expecting high quality deliverables on client-facing teams.
- Able to act as a software developer or data analyst depending on the project need.
- Demonstrated experience with MS 365 Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Project.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work across seniority levels and with cross-functional teams (e.g. engineering, digital, operations, etc.).
- Possesses a deep-rooted curiosity and a drive to make a lasting impact on the customer experience.
- Ability to work from the client’s Baltimore office at least two days per week.
- Highly capable self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently and provide guidance and leadership to junior team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Essential Professional Licensure/Certification.
- Experience with developing user experience solutions to improve customer experience.
- Familiarity with or interest in the MS Power Platform (e.g. Apps, Automate, Query, BI).
- Past experience support transit agencies in data-oriented environment focusing on either performance management or real-time arrival tools.
This position requires the requires the successful candidate be onsite at Maryland Transit Administration at least two days per week in downtown Baltimore, MD.