We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Market Sector Leader for our Waste Sector. The location for this role is within the U.S., preferably in a locale where WSP has a presence. Be involved in projects with our Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Manage/develop capture strategies in conjunction with Account Leaders to promote growth in relationship and revenue.
- Primary point of contact for go/no go process.
- Contribute to the regional annual budgeting process setting goals for GR/NR/Sales Growth.
- Nurture key client accounts with annual corporate visits for report card updates and understand critical issues facing our clients.
- Review client MSAs and rate schedules annually for adjustments and rate increases.
- Manage the conference budgeting to assure proper client engagement; strategically map conference spend and attendance on a yearly basis.
- Work with marketing team to populate project examples, resumes, and other support material for use in SOQ/RFI/RFP efforts.
Capture Management and Proposal Preparation:
- Identify opportunities early on and put in place the right team to track and position WSP.
- Work with proposal team to create win strategies.
- Act as a conduit for RDOA approvals and drive RCR approvals where needed.
- Select and charter project execution teams as needed to support key projects and clients.
- Work directly with Operation Leaders, Country Managers and Account Sales teams to understand markets and develop strategies for pursuit capture and growing market share.
- Develop and mentor successor candidates. Identify, train, and mentor client and capture managers.
- Aid WSP in meeting its Annual Business Plan performance goals including meeting sector sales and growth targets established during the budgeting process.
- Support the larger WSP organization in pursuit of opportunities related to our waste industry services.
- Collaborate with professionals from a variety of disciplines to provide future ready solutions for clients.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science field; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 20 year's managing business development and project delivery in solid waste sector, working with both private and public clients
- Experience in annual budget and strategic plan development and implementation
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Tactical lateral thinking and strong analytical skills with attention to detail and prioritization of responsibilities in a pressure work environment.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, clients, regulators, and company-wide staff, including those with whom no formal hierarchical relationship exits.
- Advanced proficiency with office automation and communication software, technology, math principles, predictive models, and tools.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Strong ability to quickly adapt to change and demonstrate flexibility to a variety of schedules and hours to meet business needs.
- Travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Master's Degree in an engineering or science field preffered
- Active participation SWANA (Solid Waste Association of North America) desired
- Active participation EREF (Environmental Research and Education Foundation) desired