At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
We are seeking a RESIDENT ENGINEER to join our Construction Services Group in the Tempe, Arizona. The Resident Engineer provides technical leadership and supervises construction engineering and inspection activities, among other responsibilities. Projects may span multiple disciplines, such as roadway/highway, transit/rail, Bridges, flood control features, and others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects and review work in accordance with applicable codes and standards included in the project drawings and specifications
- Provides general inspections on construction labor and subcontractor work to assure a good and workmanlike operation
- Monitors quality control and quality assurance material field testing for concrete, steel, asphalt and soils as applicable
- Provides field measurements and assist in compiling quantity reports (CQVs) for payment of quantities and changes in the work
- Reviews inspector daily reports in accordance with the project's requirements
- Provides technical leadership for complex construction management projects or programs, serving as a Resident Engineer or Project Manager supervising construction engineering and inspection activities
- Apply diversified knowledge of construction engineering principles and practices and independently making decisions on significant construction engineering problems.
- Manages technical field staff
- Responsible for field engineering, contract administration, inspection, testing, surveying, and quality control on one large or several small construction projects.
- Supervises field inspection and field office personnel
- Manages sub-consultants
- Represents projects at meetings and conferences
- Performs other duties as assigned
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Construction Technology, etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years of directly relevant experience, including Resident Engineer or related roles
- Licensed professional engineer in Arizona (proactive indication to obtain registration within 3 months)
- A demonstrated ability to read and understand contract documents
- A working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and materials
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Valid, current Arizona Driver's license (proactive indication to obtain within 3 months)
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Must successfully complete and pass WSP’s Motor Vehicle screening
- Resident Engineer Skills
- A working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and material
- Bridge and highway construction inspection experience
- Rail (light) experience preferred but not required
- Airport experience preferred, but not required
- Arizona experience preferred
- An ability to read and completely understand contract documents is required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA Inc., WSP USA Buildings Inc., and WSP USA Services Inc. (collectively “WSP USA”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is contingent upon WSP being selected for a contract or program we are currently pursing.